Here comes the sun! Heatwave or not, nothing spells summer like a shot of yellow – and it’s shining bright in homewares this season.
Representing sunshine, happiness and warmth, summer’s sunniest shade is surprisingly easy to work into a wide range of schemes. What’s more, its positive personality can lift the smallest of spaces – and imbues a sense of solace wherever you furnish it.
Ready to step onto the bright side? These yellow accents are bound to boost your decor and your mood…
1. Yellow Slogan Serving Tray (12cm x 28cm), £8, Matalan
Geared to entertaining al fresco, this bright, slogan tray has cheerfulness written all over it.
2. Ella James Set of 4 Embossed Tumblers, £24, Embossed Glass Drinks Pitcher, Yellow, £32, Ella James
These colourful embossed tumblers are made for sundowners, and the yellow pitcher is right on point for sangria and a fiery setting sun.
3. Busy Bee Lunch Bag, £6, M&Co
Whether it’s canned drinks for the park or a pick-me-up sarnie when you’re on the go, this sweet lunch bag has the cool factor.
4. Orla Kiely Set of 2 Tea Towels in Atomic Flower Yellow, £16, Orla Kiely
Let the outside in with these wonderful wildflower printed tea towels, which could be used to style up a kitchen wall hook – or even framed, if you fancy some trendy cotton wall art.
5. Citrus Fruit Recyclable Paper Napkins – 20 Pack, £4.50, Talking Tables
Summer is the season to have paper napkins on hand, and this zingy citrus fruit design deserves a prime spot on your picnic spread.
6. London Brick Vase, £30 (was £36), MADE.com
A funky brick vase in buttercup yellow is just about as cool as it comes – and can double up as a table cover clamp outdoors when the wind whips up.
7. Benjamin Moore Aura Satin Paint in Pale Moon (289), from £34.95, Benjamin Moore
Arguably one of the most versatile shades to paint your walls, not only will you channel all those positive vibes in this mellow yellow, but it works like a dream with practically anything you place in the room.
8. Laurie Velvet Click Clack Sofa Bed – Yellow, £229.99 (was £289.99), Homescapesonline
If you’re doing up the spare room over the summer holidays or having friends and family to stay, this fold-out three-seater sofa bed marries function with flair and radiates hospitality and happiness.
9. Yellow Outdoor Rug, £40, Talking Tables
Lightweight and waterproof, this patterned rug has the freedom to look fantastic wherever you place it – and will work just as well in a hallway or sun room as it would on decking or styled with patio pieces.
10. Set of 3 Ceramic Tealight Holders, £14, Next
With assorted patterns that look great grouped together or arranged apart, this tip-top tealight trio will enhance the ambience in any room.
11. Happy Embroidered Yellow Printed Cushion, £29.50, Oliver Bonas
With its printed floral pattern, contrasting pink piping and navy embroidery, this cute cushion will switch any sofa up a notch.
12. Sun & Sea Cotton Bath Mat Medium, £29.50, and Floral Pink Cotton Round Bath Mat Small, £25, Oliver Bonas
Sun, sea and sand… channel holiday vibes and bath-time bliss with these colourful bath mats, to pad around on barefoot.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.