Search

18 Feb 2026

Police launch murder probe after death of woman in Aberdeen

Police launch murder probe after death of woman in Aberdeen

Police have launched a murder inquiry after the death of a 58-year-old woman in Aberdeen.

Officers were called out to Glenbervie Road at about 5.30pm on Sunday, after reports that the woman and a 26-year-old-man had been injured.

However, emergency services discovered the woman was dead on arrival at the scene.

The man was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, where he remains in a stable condition.

A 24-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident, Police Scotland said.

Detective Inspector Gary Winter, of Police Scotland’s major investigation team, said: “Inquiries are at an early stage and there will be a significant police presence and activity in the area of Glenbervie Road, Aberdeen, whilst we carry out our investigation into this incident.

“This would appear to have be an isolated incident and there was no wider threat to the local community.”

He urged anyone in the area at the time who heard or saw anything to contact Police Scotland.

To continue reading this article,
please subscribe and support local journalism!


Subscribing will allow you access to all of our premium content and archived articles.

Subscribe

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.


Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.