Search

29 Nov 2025

Prince of Wales ‘moved by courage’ of Gazan children brought to UK for treatment

Prince of Wales ‘moved by courage’ of Gazan children brought to UK for treatment

The Prince of Wales was “moved by the courage” of the Gazan children he met who had been evacuated to the UK for specialist care.

Fifty children and their immediate families had been brought to Britain from Gaza for treatment as of November 21, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) confirmed.

William “wished to offer a moment of comfort” to the young people “who have endured experiences no child should ever face”, Kensington Palace said.

The prince also met Palestinian children during a 2018 visit to a refugee camp to learn about the lives of Arabs on the West Bank.

A Kensington Palace spokesperson said on Saturday: “Recently His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales met a small number of children from Gaza who are currently receiving specialist care in the UK.

“The prince wished to offer a moment of comfort to these young people who have endured experiences no child should ever face.”

They added: “The prince was also able to offer his heartfelt gratitude to the NHS teams providing exceptional care during such a profoundly difficult time.

“His Royal Highness was moved by the courage shown by the children and their families and by the dedication of the team who are supporting them with such professionalism and humanity.”

William paid tribute to humanitarian workers last month during a visit to Gunnersbury Park, west London.

At the launch of the first global memorial for humanitarian workers, he said: “We are witnesses to the appalling suffering of those who are victims of war and violence; from Ukraine to Sudan, from Myanmar to Haiti and, indeed, throughout much of the Middle East. And, alas, in so many other places.

“Yet, the presence of humanitarian aid workers, like those in Gaza, runs like a thread of shared humanity through even the grimmest of environments.”

More than seven years ago, William met with Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas in Ramallah, on the West Bank, before travelling a few miles away to the streets of the Jalazone camp, which was home to around 15,000 people at the time.

He visited a school and health clinic and met mothers having their babies vaccinated.

A Government spokesperson said on Saturday: “The Government worked with partners to carry out medical evacuations from Gaza to the UK over the autumn.

“Fifty patients and their immediate family members are now receiving care in surroundings that are safe and welcoming.

“Following the ceasefire, now is the time to scale-up aid and ensure much-needed medicines and medical supplies are getting into Gaza, so that families can access the healthcare they need.

“We stand ready to continue to provide health-related support to the people of Gaza.”

To continue reading this article,
please subscribe and support local journalism!


Subscribing will allow you access to all of our premium content and archived articles.

Subscribe

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.


Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.