LATEST: Garda update on search for two missing people as both are 'found'
An Garda Síochána has given an update on two missing girls following separate appeals to the public to help locate them in recent days and months.
13-year-old Emily O’Connor who was reported missing from Dublin 7 on Thursday, February 19, 2026, has been "found safe and well," according to a Garda update.
Emily had been reported missing from the Dublin 7 area and gardaí had expressed "concern" for her wellbeing in an earlier appeal to the public for help finding her.
Elsewhere, Megan O’Brien, described as being 5 foot 2 inches in height, with a slim build, dyed red hair and brown eyes - was reported missing from The Ward, Dublin 11 since Friday, February 13.
Gardaí were similarly "concerned for Megan's well-being" at the time of the appeal but have since provided a positive update.
READ NEXT: 'Such sad news' - Search for missing woman stood down as body is discovered in river
They said: "Megan O’Brien (15), who was reported missing from Finglas, Dublin 11 since Friday, February 13, 2026, has been found safe and well."
In both cases, gardaí said: "An Garda Síochána would like to thank the media and the public for their assistance."

PICTURED ABOVE: Megan O'Brien has been found safe and well
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.